At KIPP, we empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. KIPP is looking for applicants for its seventh KIPP Leadership Design Fellowship (KLDF), a six-month program designed for senior leaders of public-school districts, charter school systems, and leadership training organizations to provide intensive training on KIPP’s leadership development model.
Here are seven facts you should know about the program:
- Participants learn about a variety of innovative school leadership models around the country through consultancies and join a cohort of reform-minded education leaders through three summits.
- Participants explore effective practices in creating a leadership pipeline and selecting talented candidates. And participants also learn about best practices in adult learning through formal programming components and cohort experiences.
- The program is fully paid for by the KIPP Foundation. The KIPP Foundation will also pay for 3 nights of hotel and round trip flights (up to $400) per participant, per summit.
- Over 315 leaders from more than 110 organizations serving over 11.8 million children have participated in KLDF to-date.
- Ninety-seven percent of KLDF participants said their experience was “extremely valuable” and 100% said they “would recommend the program to others.”
- Two applicants from each organization need to apply jointly and commit to engaging with the entire fellowship experience. KIPP is looking for reform-minded public-school districts, charter management organizations (CMOs), and school leadership training organizations that want to improve the selection and development of their leaders.
- Apply Now! The last day we will accept letters of interest is October 18. All applications must be submitted by November 15. All applicants will be notified of their acceptance on a rolling basis but will be informed no later than November 22.
If you need more information about the KLDF check out our latest brochure. And if you want to listen to what the past cohort had to say about the program click on the videos below: